Thank you to everyone who has donated their time, goods and money to support the survivors of the Grenfell Tower Blaze. We are truly grateful for the compassion you have shown to our neighbours who have lost so much. We will personally hand over donations to the family of our dearest little Amaya who will remain forever in our hearts and prayers.
Our Nursery Prayer
Be near me, Lord Jesus,
I ask You to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray
Bless all the dear children
In Your tender care
And fit us for heaven
To live with You there
St Peter’s Nursery is a community nursery, offering accessible early years education on a not-for-profit basis, for children aged from two years old, to rising five.
By providing a happy, caring, secure environment, we at St Peter’s aim to ensure children’s first experience of being away from home, is both positive and fun. We want to help our children become confident and self-assured young learners, so that when the time comes to fly the nest, not only do they adapt to their “big” school quickly and settle with ease, but they adapt a positive, life-long attitude to learning.
Through a combination of play and adult-led activities, we encourage our children to be inquisitive, active learners. We engage in lots of open dialogue, not only to advance language skills, but to prompt deeper thinking, in an environment that is rich in resources, both manufactured and created by the children. To ensure that all children become confident talkers, we run daily language group sessions to help the children extend their vocabulary and conversation skills.
We take pride in the strong, trusting partnerships we build with parents; we know your children are your most precious gift and we share your expectations of their abilities. Hand-in-hand, we will help your little one blossom. To track our children’s learning and development, we use a secure online platform called Blossom Educational. Blossom enables us to keep you updated on your children’s progress throughout their time at nursery with us.
At St Peter’s we:
- enjoy a staff to child ratio that far exceeds the statutory required minimum; this allows our teachers to spend quality one-to-one time with their key children. All members of staff are qualified to at least NVQ Level 3. We all hold current paediatric First Aid certificates and have undergone training in Safeguarding and Child Protection (Level 3)
- have a dedicated and knowledgeable SENDCo (Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator) who can liaise between parents and outside agencies such as Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Early Intervention Team etc to help support all children access all areas of the EYFS curriculum.
- have a sensory tent filled with lights, textures and instruments for the children to experiment with.
- use Praise, Bible stories and singing, in our worship sessions for children and their families, to support a Christian ethos
- hold a regular Forest School session in Holland Park. All nursery children attend for a full morning of nature study and playing with natural materials in the fresh air.
- have a small outdoor courtyard for gardening, water play, painting and outdoor play. We are fortunate to have access to Ladbroke Square Gardens and visit the children’s playground there on a daily basis in (almost) all weathers – remember to wear wellies and bring warm clothes for those inclement days! Children are escorted to and from the gardens in groups of two-with-an-adult, and are reminded of road safety at all times.
- have access to a safe, secure hall for physical exercise for our youngest children, where we can enjoy our weekly sessions of: Stretch-n-Grow, Teddy Tennis and Sporkids. Or if the weather is horrid, we can have fun riding on our scooters and bikes!
- are committed to healthy eating and wellbeing through our pursuit of the Healthy Early Years Bronze Award
- offer extended days (to children who no longer nap in the afternoon) with an exciting array of activities:
- arrange regular trips and neighbourhood excursions
- have an active Parents’ Committee and many opportunities for parental involvement. Oversight and support of the Nursery is provided by the Nursery Management Committee.
And finally, we…
encourage messy play!